This past week Derek and I loaded up our Escape, hooked our I-Pod up with the entire Harry Potter book series, and drove across the country back to my homeland of Michigan, and then to Derek's homeland of Virginia. Let me just say, that the drive is a lot different than when I was a child. See, my parents used to drive 26 straight hours to get from Utah to Michigan in as little time possible, which ususally meant that I was asleep for a good portion of the time...let me just say that after driving through Nebraska awake, I completely understand why no one lives there. Even with the car windows rolled up, it smells like a mix between mud and poop.
However, the long (but fantastically filled with Harry Potter) drive was great because I got to spend 4 uninturrupted days with my best friend ever.
So in no particular order, the top 20 Michigan/Virginia moments
20. Finding out Tayci is Pregnant!! Congratulations Tayci!!! You will be a brilliant mom!!
19. Playing Mario videogames with my brothers and Derek. Even though Matt won, I still am the Mario champion
18. Sewing baby blankets with my mom.
17. Finding that random thrift store with the best stuff at it. If only I had money to buy things with....
16. Eating that delicious pinapple flavored icy pop...who thought flavored ice could be so delicious
15. Visiting Graffiti alley in Ann Arbor. The first part of the alley smelled like pee, but once you got past that, it was a cool place
14. Hanging out with Renee and Lisa and laughing my butt off.
13. Playing fetch with Teddy...It made me want a dog!!
12. Planning our trip next year to Asia!! Finally, I'll get a stamp in my passport!!
11. Eating my mom's amazing potatoes, carrots and sausage mix
10. Going to Liberty Fest and the Fireworks that night. My most favorite childhood summertime memory
9. Seeing the Seindfeild's Puffy Shirt in person...so amazing
8. Visiting Foam-hendge....same as stonehendge, but made entirely of foam
7. Eating at Christian's Pizza four, count um, FOUR times.
6. Listening to Harry Potter books 3 and 6 read by a true brit. Seriously, his voice was amazing.
5. Painting Gilly the Snail at the Liberty Fest. His white spots were a stroke of genious
4. Going to a wax museum, and seeing George W. Bush, the Last Supper, and a man swapping his wife for some wiskey.
3. Dinosaur Land documentary!!! Lets just say that Dinosaurs + time machiene + Union Soldiers = Hilariousness
2. Getting charged within 20 feet by a black bear in the Shennendoah forest! Jumping into the bushes may not have been the smartest idea, but it definatly worked!!
1. Spending time with my best friend ever making movies, visiting weird places, and listening to many hours of Harry Potter
And our vacation is only 1/2 way done!! Still another 2 weeks of awesomeness!!
1 comment:
I'm going to add:
-Visiting your favorite Ohio friend Michelle!
-Walking through Columbus in a massive tsunami.
-Having to stalk down the waiter to deliver your veg. burger.
-Videotaping a reprise of our freshman year indian dance number. LOL. (soon to publish on fb...I promise).
SO MUCH FUN!!!! miss you Cam!
Post a Comment