Friday, September 4, 2009

Great Week :)

Quote of the Week:

"Was Montanna named after Hannah Montanna?" "ahhhh....no"

I had a pretty great week this week. All my students passed their Math Test, Spelling Test, and Comprehension tests, and there are still NO missing assignments. Three weeks with no missing assignments? That's almost unheard of. It just warms my teaching heart

We did a Dirt lab this week which one of my boys freaked out over. Apparently there was an ant in his dirt sample, and he was nervous about it being on his desk. Let me reiterate...a boy was worried about an ant. I just laughed, and walked away.

We had a great conversation about natural resources in Utah the other day. We had just finished an investigation of the Great Basin Region of Utah, and the kids were asking a lot of questions that got into "Why is most of Utah's population located along the boarder of the Great Basin and Rocky Mountain Regions." They're thinking!! I love it!

I feel like I have been happily surprised with my class all week. They are working so hard, and they are doing so well! I have really raised my standard from last year, and the kids are doing so much better than last year as well. It is amazing to me!! While I was out to lunch yesterday, one of my girls brought in two of her friends and they cleaned and organized my craft/manipulitive closets that are (or were) a complete disaster. I came in to a sparkling closet and love notes on the board. It just warmed my heart.

And today, Derek surprised me with Quiznos while I was finishing grading the last of the Math journals. What a super guy!

I just feel really happy this week :)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

This post made me miss teaching sooo much. Good luck with the new group of students!