Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day

I miscarried this morning. 
And as much as I want to be fine with it
and as much as I want take my hurt to the Lord
I just want to be sad.
I want to take one day and just be sad. 
Sad for the lost baby.
Sad for me
Sad for our family
I want to throw a pity party, and cry a really ugly cry.

Then I want to pick myself back up and keep moving forward
Because that's what life is. 
Perpetually moving forward - because even through things feel sucky now
they won't always suck. 

So Mother's Day...

I guess the silver lining around today is I have my the sweetest daughter on the planet. I am so grateful to be a mother. To be HER mother. I am so grateful for her sticky kisses and toothy grins. When she plays with my hair and when she climbs onto of me. She is my little sweet angel and she fills my heart with joy.  

Another silver lining is I have the greatest mother around. She supports me and loves me and cares about me on my happy days and on my miserable days. She is there for me and loves me unconditionally. I hope to be half the mother she has been to me. She is truly a woman of virtue and beauty. 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry Cami girl!!!

The Nicholsons said...

I am sorry you are hurting. :( I hope today is looking better.

Kristina said...

Oh Cami, I'm soo sorry! You definitely deserve to be sad! Tell Derek that I said you get a second Mother's Day and he has to spoil you like crazy! :) It's still super sad not being able to meet your baby, but you'll get to meet her/him in heaven! Any chance of an internship here in WA? I wish I could give you a big hug! You are an amazing Mom! I've seen you with Zoey! I'm sure you'll have better news soon. :)