Thursday, July 12, 2018
10 Things I don't want to forget
1. As each of my kids wake up, they one by one file in my room and lie next to/on top of me. They only ever get in on my side of the bed, and by the time Riley joins (usually after Zoey pulls her out of the crib), I have a pile of kids on top of me hugging, kissing, and giggling.
2. Almost every morning, Zoey goes down and makes her sisters breakfast on her own. She pours a bowl of cereal and milk. She loves to help, and always makes sure Abbey is taken care of.
3. My kids love to eat icy pops together. Without prompting, Abbey will find scissors and cut a Popsicle in half to share with Zoey.
4. At least a dozen times a day, Zoey will sigh "We have the best family". She also asks me constantly "Do you feel so lucky to have 3 sweet girls? Do you love your life? What is the best part about your life?"
5. On the same thread, Abbey has been making up songs lately about how much she loves her life and loves her family.
6. Riley loves when people echo her. If she screams, she wants you to scream back, and it makes her absolutely giddy. Zoey and Abbey will spend entire car rides echoing her little screams. Riley loves it.
7. Zoey wants me to read her Harry Potter every night. It's our thing. On the nights we don't read, she is so sad about it. On the nights we do, she jumps up and down and cheers, and always begs for one more page.
8. Abbey loves to be hugged and tickled all day long. If you aren't paying attention to her long enough, she pulls your chin toward her face so you are looking her in the eyes. When she feels neglected she cries "I just need attention!! I'm needy mama!!"
9. All 3 of the girls love their daddy. To them, Derek walks on water. They love when he has the day off, and they love to play video games together. To them, there is no greater hero than their dad
10. The best parts of motherhood aren't the manufactured moments. It's the small moments that happen day to day. While folding laundry the other day, I checked out the window, and found both Zoey and Abbey sitting next to each other on chairs in the yard blowing bubbles and happily chatting. I felt like I caught a glimpse of a lifelong friendship, and it made my heart swell. No pinterest project could compare.
To answer Zoey's daily question, Yes I feel lucky every single day to have 3 sweet girls. Yes I absolutely 100% love my life. The best part of my life is my family. Being a mother has stretched me, and has changed me, and has filled my life with so much love and joy, it's overflowing. I just wish it would slow down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You do have a great family. I love to hear all about your adventures.
Post a Comment