Thursday, August 26, 2010

FINALLY!!

We are now officially full time residents in the great state of Washington! I hoped for it, I prayed for it, heck, I even danced for it, but it's finally official. On Tuesday, Derek and I were offered full time positions for the YMCA here in Bothell. We love the branch, and we love the area, so we are both ecstatic about making our summer move a more permanent one. Derek will be working at Wooden Elementary as the Program Supervisor for the site, while I'll be out at Kokanee Elementary also working as a Program Supervisor. It sounds like it's going to be a great job, and I'm excited to have the opportunity to continue working with kids without the worry of grades, testing, and spending my own money.

So in honor of our new full time jobs, we celebrated by signing a 12 month lease on a new TWO bedroom apartment. You heard me. Dos Bedroom-itos. We're making it into our craft/music/guest room for now. It'll just be nice to have a little extra space to be in. Some added features of this grand apartment are: Fireplace, track lighting, more counter space, French Doors, Walk in closet, huge balcony, and white molding all around. It is BEAUTIFUL and it's already my favorite apartment I've ever been in (They had me at balcony). We move in September 3rd, but I wish it was tomorrow...



Seriously though, we've been keeping busy the last month.

I really like doing this...
We go to beaches and malls...
We go to museums and butterfly hang outs...
And Renaissance Festivals...

And sometimes Derek convinces me to go to a soccer game or two.
Overall, great summer. One more week until it's over and done with.



4 comments:

mooresclan said...

Cami, you sound so happy. I am happy for you.
Love ya

Unknown said...

Congrats Cami! Is the rent here higher or lower?

Unknown said...

Thanks De. Uhhh...It's lower than the NEW rent, and about the same as we were paying before. But it's amazing, so I'm alright with it :)

Linze Kate said...

I'll be hittin' up the guest room ASAP when I return to the states. Be ready. :)
*muah*

MISS YOU!