Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Family Room/Dining Room Redo!

It has officially been 10 days since we arrived in Williamsburg, and already, we are half way done with redoing our house (Don't ask me for pictures of the upstairs... it's still quite the disaster.) Like I said yesterday, I couldn't have done it without my mom. Most girls learn to cook from their mom, I learned how to use a calking gun. Hooray to the handy mother!


So here are some Before and After photos!
Before:
It's hard to tell, but the walls are a nasty yellow color and they are covered in terribly done spackle
This was taken months before we moved in - somewhere between this day and the day we moved in, it got insanely dirty. I'm not sure how...

After:

Here's what we did:
- Spackled and sanded all the walls
- Primed and painted the walls two tones of grey
- Painted the ceiling, molding, doors and hallway a bright white.
- Installed coat hooks by the door
- Installed new blinds in all of the windows
- Recalked all of the windows
- Sewed vallanes for the windows
- Bought and installed curtains and curtain rods
- Bought a table/chairs, entertainment enter, and couch. 
- Hung pictures around the room

Things I still want to do
- Find one more piece of seating (via craigslist)
- Put some more splashes of color on the walls
- Possibly get an area rug
- Buy a large green plant for the corner

::HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF:: 
Now onto the bedrooms!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My goodness Cami! It looks wonderful!!!

Linze Kate said...

This looks SO great, Cami! I talked to Derek last night about the kitchen and he said it was quite literally all you... I don't know how you have time with Zoey there too! You're a superstar. :)
*muah*
P.S. Miss your face.

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous! Love the new look?