Thursday, January 3, 2013

Small moments and Christmas

I just went in to check on Zoey in her crib. She is sleeping sideways - her little toes brushing against the wooden crib slats. Watching her in peaceful moments, I can feel the love our Savior must have for his children. There is times as a mother, my heart feels like it's going to burst with joy. In this very moment, my heart is full. 


The other day, Zoey went and got two apple slices from the table. She put one in her mouth, and took the other and handed it to me. Sometimes, I can't believe how fast she is growing. Part of me wants to stop time right now, part of me is so excited to see all that she is learning. She's started putting laundry in the basket with me. She enjoys taking toys out of her box, but has recently started putting them away as well.



With her getting so big, Christmas was perfect this year. She discovered that there are toys under the nicely wrapped boxes - Watching her excitement with each present melted my heart. I can see how some parents have the problem of overbuying. With such a cute little girl, it's hard not to! Her favorite gifts were her red piano, her ball pit, her little people dollhouse, and the activity book her Grammy Devey made for her. She wants me to help her look through it at least 5 times a day.

Zoey decided to get me a gift too - it was wrapped nicely in a box. When I pulled it out, I discovered it was a poopy diaper. Derek wrapped a POOPY DIAPER, and put it under the tree - labeling it from Zoey. Just wait until next Christmas Derek... I don't take revenge lightly.
The diaper...
Zoey and her book from Grammy Devey
Oh, and just in case you couldn't get enough of this cute girl, here is one of my favorite things she is doing now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She has changed so...much! She is darling!

Steve and Brooke said...

Oh, we are already saving that's for sure!!!! I have my list down pat!!!

AJ said...

I am dying over Derek wrapping a poopy diaper! Hilarious. Zooey is so so so so cute! Glad to see you are all doing well.