She is so active that when it's time to go to sleep, it's extremely difficult to get her to calm down enough to actually go to sleep - unless she was swaddled. Her swaddle blanket has been our saving grace. As soon as that puppy is wrapped tightly around the top half of her body, she almost immediately drifts off. It's like her signal that it's time for sleep. I know what you're thinking - you still swaddled your baby at 14 months?! Yes. Yes I did. To quote Derek's grandma - "I'd give her a stick of dynamite if I thought it'd help."
Well after 14 months, I am happy to say that for the last week and a half she has been swaddle free. I put her in her crib and she cuddles up to the blankets and goes right to sleep.
So yes. I swaddled my baby 4x longer than average. And hey, I still nurse too. And I let her play barefoot in the dirt and rain and sometimes I let her eat sand. And when her binky falls on the ground, I just slap it back in her mouth (oh did I mention that she still takes a binky...). And when she falls down I say "Brush it off baby girl. You're okay". And yesterday, I actually gave her a pop tart for breakfast. Am I the perfect mom? Nope. No one is. But I'm doing what works for us, and personally, I think I'm doing a pretty darn good job - even if she does eat the occasional bug.
3 comments:
HAHAHAHA!!! i LOVE this!!! i'm the EXACT same way. Although Peyton was a binki kid, bradyn not at all..thank goodness! It's so good i think that you are "tough" like that, it will teach her to not be the "whiny/complaining/dramatic" type of toddler girl (hopefully:)) Church is INSANELY hard! 18 months is the saving grace time!! haha! we have like 3 more sundays! so easy to think "why the heck are we even here?"
You have NO IDEA how much this post made me happy tonight. My baby is 7 months and I get the eye when I say I still swaddle him. But if I don't - nobody sleeps. And that is a bad day for everyone. I totally do the binki brush off too! Seriously Cami. This post is amazing!
Wow, it's like reading my own story with Willow. I totally swaddled and nursed her well past the year mark. She never sat still in Sacrament meeting (I totally kept her on a leash in the chapel so I could let her have a little freedom without having to run after her). I let her (encouraged her to?) suck on rocks outside and eat sand. You're such a good mom, Cami!
Post a Comment