Thursday, April 25, 2013

Family

Zoey is hanging on my neck right now. She does this thing where she gets behind you, wraps her chubby arms around your neck, and holds on for dear life. Derek likes to carry her down the stairs like that - he doesn't even hold on. Sometimes he jogs down - scares the living crap out of me. One thing is for sure - our little girl is as tough as they come. I never really thought she'd be a girly girl, but man, Zoey isn't afraid of anything!! She just goes for things. 

Yesterday we went to the beach, and while all the other kids in our playgroup were playing with sand, Zoey left the group in search of some new friends. She found a little family of 3 and hoisted herself up to their picnic table, waved and said "hi". When they went to play, she followed after them, and copied everything the two little girls were doing. They picked up a stick, she picked up a stick. They splashed the water, she splashed the water. They were a little nervous of actually going into the water, but Zoey just ran straight in - once again, no fear! I love that she is so adventurous, but I hope that it doesn't get her into trouble one day. 
 
I love being able to be home all day with Zoey, but it has been difficult in the sense that we haven't had any money coming into our household. After a lot of trial and error, I have finally found something that I LOVE - Tutoring. It has been the hugest blessing in our lives. I love that I get to use my degree again for something I'm good at. I absolutely love the families I am working with. They are kind and so good to me. The kids are awesome to work with; It has been fantastic. One of the boys I have been working with won the science fair this past week with a project we had done together. I loved seeing how excited and happy he was. He built a mechanical hand and preformed strength tests on it. He did a great job and I as so proud of him. 

In other news, Derek and I are hoping to add another baby to our home soon. It took us a while to get pregnant with Zoey, so I know it's probably going to take some time, but if it were to happen in the next few months, we would be ecstatic. Zoey will be 18 months in less than a week, I think it's about time for her to get a brother or sister. My younger brothers and I were so far apart, that it was difficult to get close to them. I really want our kids to be close together. Being a mom has been the best experience, and I'm excited for more! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you get pregnant soon too!