Sunday, April 28, 2013

Six Years, What?!

It is amazing to me how quickly 6 years have slipped by. In that time we have been to 4 countries, moved 8 times, lived in 3 different states, have gone through 6 different jobs, and have had a baby to boot. Time flies by, but to me, Derek is still that boy I met in modern dance over 7 years ago. The one who asked if I'd be willing to call him my boyfriend. The one who would break into the kitchen at Ponderosa to get me ice. The one who'd drop anything to hang out with me.

The thing I love about Derek is he loves and supports me, flaws and all. He doesn't just accept me - he loves and appreciates me. When dating, I always stayed true to myself, because I wanted someone who loved me because of my goofiness...not just accepted or tolerated it. I am so glad I did, because as a result, I married my best friend.

Yesterday, to celebrate our Anniversary, Derek and I got to go to Go Ape Treetop Adventure. One of the families I tutor for asked if Derek and I could chaperone her son and their three foreign exchange students. She offered to pay for our tickets and for our time. It may not sound very romantic, but honestly, we had a blast. There were ziplines throughout the course, which reminded me of being at Ponderosa again. After the course, the mom of the family gave us enough to pay for our babysitter and a fancy dinner. It was so generous, and we were so grateful. The dinner was fabulous - it was one of our better Anniversary celebrations.

I feel so blessed today. To be married to my best friend, and to have our daughter together. This has been quite the adventure.

3 comments:

Steve and Brooke said...

hope ya'll got prego on your anniversary :) lol!

Unknown said...

Haha Brooke. I hope so too. I guess it'll happen when it's supposed to happen.

Kaylinn said...

Woop Woop. Happy 6 years Cami and Derek.