I am officially in charge of decorating for the ward Christmas Party. I'm not sure they knew what they were getting into when they asked me to do it, but I am not known for doing things "simple" While it is still a month out, My house is quickly filling up with fake snowflakes, plastic table cloths, and all things "Polar Express". Derek thinks I'm insane. I am.
Zoey turned 4 two weeks ago, and it was awesome. For her party (which she has been talking about for the past 6 months) she had 10 little girls over, and we did a full on Princess Party. The girls made crowns, played princess games, danced at the ball, and even had a princess feast. Zoey was in friend heaven, and had a blast. It gave me a chance to flex my creativity, and do something fun.
In other news, I broke my foot a few weeks back. I didn't even do anything crazy...I was working out too much, and the bone below my ankle chipped causing some ligament damage. I've been rocking the boot ever since. While I appreciate an excuse to send Derek up and down stairs to fetch me things, I am really missing working out, and feel guilty about missing so many days. I was really starting to get the hang of Step Aerobics! I'm only supposed to have another week of the boot, but I'll still have to do some physical therapy on it...which means I'm still a few weeks away from working out.
Abbey has almost all her teeth now. She is cutting two more this week. She follows Zoey around like she is the coolest kid in town. She loves to slide down slides, she'll climb to the top of them and go down headfirst all on her own. She giggles when you blow raspberries on her tummy, and totally understands the word no. We put up the Christmas tree this week, and we have already moved all the ornaments on the bottom half of the tree to the top half of the tree. She is so proud gets super excited when she steals an ornament and is able to slip past us. She also loves Caramel Apple suckers. I mean she LOVES them. Heaven help you if she sees you have one, because she will scream like you've murdered her best friend until it's hers.
Zoey got glasses this month! She looks so sweet in them. She was pretty much blind and we didn't even know it - my mom was the one that pushed me into getting her eyes checked. She chose the pink indestructible kind, which is good, because with a sister like grabby Abbey, they better be indestructible. They were $250 bucks, so hopefully they last a couple of years. The poor kid has also had walking pneumonia this month as well as a bad ear infection. We are now the proud owners of a breathing treatment machine. The primary program was this week, and Zoey spend the entire time dancing like a ballerina, standing with her back to the audience, and making weird faces. So basically a success. The girl cracks me up.
And that's life in a nutshell.
2 comments:
Great update! Sorry about your foot :(
Both your girls sound so cute!! Sorry about your foot, I hope you'll be able to work out again soon. Got to ward off the holiday weight which I am always guilty of ;) I bet your ward party will be magical!
Post a Comment