Sunday, October 18, 2015

29 Baby!

In less than one hour, I am gonna be 29. TWENTY NINE!! One year from dirty 30 (which basically means that I will be too lazy to shower at 30). Getting older doesn't feel too bad. I go through yo-yo phases of being healthy. I'm doing pretty good right now... I made a deal with Derek a few weeks back that if I lost 10 pounds by Zoey's birthday, I could have 100 bucks to spend on new clothes. I am not sure I'm gonna hit the goal, but I have been working out every day and eating a lot better than I was....so whether I hit it or not, it's a win. 

I feel like my life right now is full of motherhood. I really enjoy being a mother. Some days feel longer than others but in the end, there are so many moments of joy I don't even mind. I love to see my kids growing and learning and I love laughing with them and playing with them. I look for the humor in frustrating situations, and I do my best to teach my girls to be kind, loving, and inquisitive. I find joy in motherhood.

Life right now is oh so sweet. I know it is cliche to say "Oh my babies are getting so big!" but they are. Zoey especially. Her butt crack is always showing, cause she grows faster than we can buy clothes. She is still a couple weeks from turning 4, and she wears size 5-6. I sincerely hope she either slows down on the growing, or gets really good at Volleyball. Zoey is smart. She can count to 50 on her own and 100 with help. She knows all her letters and colors, and loves to talk to people and make friends everywhere she goes. She loves to police the family for language that is "inappropriate" (remind me why I told her crap was a bad word??) and wants to do EVERYTHING herself (from making breakfast to getting dressed). She is going to preschool at the County Recreation Center, and does a Creative Dance class once a week too. She is only going to be 3 for another two weeks, so I'm trying to soak it in. I'm gonna miss having a 3 year old...

Abbey turned one a couple months back. She is definitely a second child. For one, we JUST bought her a baby book a couple weeks back. And only because it was on sale at Aldi (love that store!) Secondly, the poor child walks around with a dirty face and half dressed 90% of the time. I don't think there is a rag in the world that could keep that child's face clean for more than 30 seconds. Lastly, she is sweet but is so jealous! When Zoey is hugging me, Abbey will try to climb on my lap, yell at Zoey, and push her away from me, all while nestling her little head into my chest. And heaven forbid if you are eating a piece of candy and she sees it... We call her Grabby Abbey because she will grab/break anything within a 3 foot radius of her. She also loves to bite, so that's fun. Whenever Zoey introduces herself at the park she says "I'm Zoey. I'm 3 and I love pink. That's Abbey. She's my sister, and she likes to pull hair and bite people." 

This weekend we celebrated my birthday. Derek wrapped presents, decorated the house, and even made me a special lunch of pumpkin pancake balls. Derek sees birthdays as a competition, and he was set on winning this year. I'm totally cool with him winning. He got me a grey slouchy hat, scarf and flat shoes that make me look like a hipster...so basically I'm cool now. I'm also excited to cook with a new dutch oven and cook book! Along with presents, we had a family weekend where I got to pick everything we did with no complaints. Needless to say, it was awesome. 

I think 29 is gonna be a good year. It better be...it's my last trip around the sun in my 20's. 


2 comments:

Steve and Brooke said...

Hahahaha!! Love this!

Leslie Elaine said...

You're always cool and I'm like 3 or 4 steps behind you and what's cool. :)