Monday, April 26, 2010

Hello Seattle...for good....

Last Friday, the YMCA of Greater Seattle called and offered Derek the job he was after. After much fasting and prayer, we accepted the job last Wednesday afternoon. Which mean, WE'RE MOVING TO SEATTLE!!

I couldn't be more excited! Finally to have a plan! Finally to feel like life is moving forward! Finally to feel like a door is actually opening! It's a great opportunity, and I am so excited for Derek to have a job that he will love.


However, like every life change, there are sad parts too. I'm going to miss Utah. I'll miss my job, and all of my friends that I've made here. I'll miss my students, and I'll miss my family I have out here. It's a big change. I feel really good about it though. I feel like it's the right move for us. So, even though I'll miss those things, I feel like I have even more to look forward to.


So come June, goodbye Utah, and hello Seattle. I'm ready for the adventure....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to the two of you! I am happy for you!

Linze Kate said...

I'm sad you'll be gone when I come back, but I guess I left first, so.... Haha! I'm really excited for you guys! :)
*muah*