Friday, April 9, 2010

Lazy Break...At Last!!

I LOVE lazy breaks. The ones where you don't have a schedule, or even a plan, and you wake up whenever you want and do whatever you want. Especially trips that don't have a schedule...just do what you want when you want. Derek and I took a road trip to beautiful Seattle for a job interview there. Yes, you heard me right, he had a job interview. An actual job interview. One where he could potentially end up with a job!! After a year of nothing nothing nothing, it felt nice to have a little hope shine into our lives. I am not putting all of my hopes into this job though.
Even if he got it, I'm not sure that we would accept it. It is a job that ends in September, and I'm not sure I'm adventurous enough to take a job that could put us in the same position as we are now...in an endless job search...without the security of my job. BUT it was a good excuse to get out to Seattle, and check out the West Coast.
I love road trips with Derek. We pack the car full of twizzlers (a travel must) and junk food, and craft projects. I had no idea how beautiful Oregon was until we drove though it. It made me want to move out there. The grey skys are balanced out by the bright green everywhere else.

Seattle though, was great. My favorite part was going to the markets in downtown Seattle. Especially the antiques market. I think it's because it reminded me so much of my brother Scott. Anything off the beaten path reminds me of Scott... I even picked him up a record that I'm going to convert into a cool wall clock. We took pictures with the freemont troll, and ate the best thai noodles I've ever had.

I love that Seattle is right on the water. As we were getting out of our car, a big otter ran across the road and into the ocean! While we were searching for him, all of a sudden, we saw a huge head pop out of the watter, and dive back under. After a couple more dives, I realized it was a seal! I didn't even know they had seals in Washington. I picked up 26 round granite rocks from the beach. As soon as I started picking up rocks, Derek immediately surmized I was bring souvineers back to my class...He found some great rocks for them too.

The last really cool thing we did was go to the Sounders game. Derek is a huge soccer fan, so his only request was that we go to a game while we were there. We found all inclusive tickets that came with all you could eat concessions. Jones Sodas, soft pretzals, nachos, hot dogs, and popcorn? What more could a girl ask for.

Overall, it was a fantastic trip...and even though it was only for a few days, I must say that this was probably my favorite trip of the year. Best of all, I got to spend it with Derek.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet! I hope the Lord answers your prayers!

Michelle! said...

Cam, so weird but your "lazy break" with "no agenda" sounds exactly like my LIFE! fml. But I'm glad you guys had an adventure! and p.s. I love Jones sodas!