Friday, December 25, 2009

California for Christmas!

Merry Christmas World!! It doesn't even feel like Christmas. We opened all of our presents last night :) This morning we're headed to the tide pools for low tide. I've never been to tide pools before...I really want to see a star fish...do they come out in the winter??
We spent yesterday cooking, goofing around on the beach, eating our annual Christmas Eve finger food fest, and opening presents. Derek gave me a colossal stocking filled to the brim with Christmas prizes. Socks and candy, and puzzles, and slippers, and fake snow!! Oh Derek knows me well!! I got Derek some brand spankin new shoes!! I was really excited to give them to him.

Let me just say that I 100% prefer a green Christmas to a white one. I do however miss seeing my family on Christmas. They came through Utah last week for a little pre-Christmas Hoo-rah. Unfortunatly, it was also a pre-Christmas sick-rah. Sad day mom and dad :( They were healthy enough to open presents though!! I love my mom. She brought me a book she had made, filled with all of my awards from growing up. I couldn't believe how thick it was!! They gave out awards for everything... The best part of the book though was the last part of it. In high school, my mom had gotten all of my friends to write me letters, but she just forgot to ever give them to me...so she put them in the back of the book :) It was really fun to read notes from friends that I never have read before.

Ahh man, late for the tide pools!! Merry Christmas!!

No comments: