Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Joys

I'm not so good at the whole "narrative" aspect of blogs. I'm much more of a "list" person. So here it goes; my top Christmas Joys

* My family stopping through Utah for a day on their way to Arizona! It was a mini Christmas before Christmas even started.

* Going Christmas shopping with my mom, and catching one of my students ditching school... I didn't really make a huge deal out of it since I was doing the same thing...

* Opening presents with my family. My mom is so thoughtful! She made us these beautiful wall hangings, the 3 wise men, a camel and a shephard for our Nativity scene, and a scrapbook filled will all of the awards I received throughout school. PLUS my parents got us a video camera. What great parents I have :)

* Taking Eric to the Nicklecade...And buying more tokens just so I could get more tickets.

*Actually WINNING Deal or No Deal with 100 tickets!! It was a dream come true :) I really think that I should actually be on the show... I'm just saying...

* Derek sitting in the smallest corner possible at Kneeders for the "All you can eat" french toast breakfast...apparently all I can eat is what they originally gave me. Poor tiny stomach...you just can't compete with the big boys

* Last day of school before break!! Full of Polar Expressy goodness!

* For the record, 2 Wal-Dram (you know...the off brand of Dramamine...Waaaal Draaaaam) will put you to sleep from Salt Lake to Vegas...I'm just sayin.

* Talking to Grandpa Dan and listening to his funny comments...like when he told me he seldomly watched shows with barely dressed girls because "when your parts don't work anymore, there's no point". I love that Derek looks a lot like Grandpa Dan when he was in his 20's...Derek will be a cute old man.

*Taking sunset pictures are Coronodo...and trying to get everyone to jump at the same time....100 pictures later....

*Taking sunset pictures, and unintentionally creating provocative poses with Linze... It's because we are too pure of heart to realize it....

* Opening presents Christmas Eve, and getting the biggest stocking known to man. I should have used it for a sleeping bag.

* Having the most classic Derek, Cami, Linze moment!! I would try to explain it, but it would take forever...so instead, I will let you read it from my sister-in-law's perspective via her blog. Believe me, it is hilarious...you will not be wasting your time. Let me just say it involves screaming and flailing and sleeping and racoons and utter terror... http://linzekate.blogspot.com/2009/12/things-that-go-bump-in-night-kinda.html ... Don't worry Linze...I am pretty sure there are only 2 people who read my blog... :)

* Having the time to enjoy some quality movies...Sherlock Holmes and Avatar. Classic.

* Disneyland with Derek and Linze. Although we didn't get to hug Mickey Mouse, we did get to play on a wacky bridge for 1/2 an hour. My favorite part of Disney Land was seeing Fantasmic, the Parade, and playing virtual tackle soccer with Linze at Innoventions...I also really liked having a Tarzan dance party

* Beach cook out after church. I must say, when you combine peppers, pineapple, onions, chicken, and BBQ sauce, you can't go wrong...

* Apples-2-Apples with the family. "I am a hopeless romantic...."

* La Jolla Tide pools for Christmas morning. I can't imagine a better way to spend Christmas

* Bowl game party with Jackie and Seth. I am reallly good at Tetris....okay...not at all good...

* And last but not least, spending two whole weeks with Derek. I can't even begin to describe how much fun we have together. Last night we were up until 4 am, because we couldn't stop laughing and goofing around. I had the hiccupps for close to an hour. The night before we made barefooted snow angels right at midnight after our spontanious two person dance party. And today, he helped me shop for a whole new wardrobe, and didn't even complain once when I had him carry all of my clothes...he even sat outside my dressing room so he could see my new outfits, AND he helped me with my 6 store wild goose chase for a flowered head band (to no avail...). Every day is so much fun with my cute husband.

1 comment:

Linze Kate said...

"I'm a hopeless romantic..." Oh, that got me laughing again! Haha...

Also, "...we were too pure of heart to realize it..." Um - haha!

Love you lil' sis!
*muah*