Monday, September 5, 2011

Life Lately

Trying to squeeze out every last bit of summer I possibly can. It's been amazing. Stupendous. Fantastic.
Can I just re-iterate how much I loved doing camp?? Yeah. I loved it. It was energizing and challenging and overall fulfilling. I've come into the school year with a fresh perspective and an excitement for change. I am praying that excitement carries me through the next few months while getting ready for a new change in my life.
Field Trip to Jump Planet!

Things are looking bright right now. We just moved apartments. I was kind of trepidatious about the move. I loved our last ward (despite it being the size of a small country...), I loved the size of our apartment, and honestly, I just hate moving. Our apartment is a bit smaller than the last one, so we've had to get rid of quite a few things to make it work. I feel like I am cleaning out my life. Deciding what is important to me and non-important. With a baby coming in T minus 2 months, we have an overload of baby stuff to find places for...leaving me asking the questions "Do I really love ALL this fabric? Which fabric can I give away? Do I have a need for a portable picnic set? Who else could use it? What clothes haven't I worn in the past 2 years? Do I really need to keep ALL of my old Halloween costumes?" We've made MULTIPLE trips to the Goodwill this past week. It's been refreshing.

The best part of our new apartment though is the location. We moved right next to Woodinville's city center. We are literally a 5 minute walk from all of my favorite stores. Target, Cinimark, 7-11, Ross, Red Robin, World Market, Whole Foods. It's dangerously awesome...especially when I'm stranded at home with a baby and no car. The best part though, we are now also a 5 minute drive away from Derek's work. 

Pregnancy is going great. Zoey no longer kicks as much...it's turned more into stretching. My stomach looks like a scene out of Alien half the time. I am due 2 months from Thursday and I've officially entered the "nesting" stage. I didn't really think it would hit me, seeing as I am not the most organized of people...but it hit, and it hit hard. I feel like everything in our new apartment has to be done and has to be done now. I can't stand looking at un-hung pictures, unorganized closets or unfinished crafts. I've stopped putting the tool box away, because I'll just take it out 5 minutes later. It's driving Derek crazy. Last night he said "I'm not sure I can take another 2 months of this..." after I forced him to organize all of his clothes into our new dresser at 10pm. I don't think I've ever felt this driven to get stuff done...If only I felt like this ALL the time...I'd be the most efficient person on the planet. I've gone decorating crazy with our nursery lately. I found the most adorable owl stuff at Target the other day. I didn't plan on buying anything when I walked in the store...but I couldn't help myself. 
I bought this:
Oopsy Daisy too Owl Wall Art (21 x 21
And this...
Circo® Love n Nature Owl Pillow - 12x13
And this lamp...

And then I made 3 of these to go over the crib....
I am in love with all of the cute stuff I'm finding. I can't wait to show Zoey her room I've been working so hard on!

I'm feeling good though. So far I've only gained about 15 pounds, which isn't bad considering that this little runt currently weighs 3 of those pounds. I'm hoping to be back to pre-pregnancy weight by the time I have to go back to work. I've kept pretty active the entire pregnancy. In fact, Derek and I moved our entire apartment pretty much on our own (besides our largest pieces of furniture...for that we enlisted the help of a great guy in our new ward!), meaning that I walked up and down 3 flights of stairs more times than I'd care to count. A friend of mine came to visit the new apartment, and she was sweaty and winded for about 5 minutes after walking up the stairs. The 3 flights don't even phase me. Sometimes after pushing it a little too hard, I start to get Braxton Hicks contractions; they aren't at all painful or uncomfortable...They are just weird as I feel my stomach becoming rock hard and then ease up, and then rock hard again. Kind of crazy. 

31 weeks baby!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Yeah, I wish real contractions felt like Braxton Hicks ones...