Thursday, October 6, 2011

Progress...

The doctor says I'm 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. He said that doesn't necessarily mean that I'll have the baby early, but he said I most likely won't go past my due date. But who knows. She might hold out until Christmas... okay, let's hope not. That'd be a big flippin baby...especially since she's due November 8th.


Zoey is now head down, and taking up the coveted position that my bladder used to hold. Her kicks have turned into elbows and knees. And she gets the hiccups ALL OF THE TIME. I think she gets it from me. She likes to rest her head on the left side of my pelvis, and likes to push her little tushy into my right rib cage. Her knees and elbows? Well, they're all over the place. I can never really tell. She is getting big though. I need Derek to help me off the ground, and sometimes I even talk him into pulling me up the stairs. Sometimes when I feel her moving around I feel like we are sharing secrets. It's something special that only she and I share. 


Derek likes to try and wake her up all day long. I tell him to "Quit bugging the baby!" He says "She's gonna have to get used to me bugging her..." He's going to be a cute dad. He loves her so much already. 


Birthing classes are going really well. I feel a lot more prepared and confident for birth than I was a few weeks ago. I know it'll be a whole new experience, and I can't know what it's like until I get there, but I feel comfortable with the whole process. 


I'm feeling good though. Slowing down, but feeling good. I just hope the baby is happy and healthy and growing strong. I am excited to meet Zoey, and excited to start that next phase of life. Motherhood. 



35 weeks pregnant... 5 more weeks to go!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cami you look so......good! You will be a cute mommy! I am glad you decided to take birthing classes. That confidence is what will get you through! Glad you did it!

Most people slow down naturally. Naturally the only way to slow down a Cami is to grow a baby in her tummy for months and months! lol

The Nicholsons said...

That is exciting that you are starting to dilate! Hopefully she will be ready to come out early! What type of birthing classes are you taking? Are you considering going natural? Glad things are going well for you!