Saturday, December 17, 2011

6 Weeks

It's been a little over 6 weeks since Zoey was born. I don't have the words to describe how much I love this little booger nose beauty. Life feels more complete with her here.

It's been great being at home with her. We cuddle in the morning and hang out together on the couch. Sometimes we take baths together (she LOVES to float around in the water. If you even start to take her out, she wails until you put her back in...then she gets a huge grin on her face). We go on walks almost every day (usually to Target) and talk about everything (okay...I talk, she makes cute baby noises). Her neck is getting SO strong, and she tries to stand if you hold her up. My favorite thing that she does is when her pacifier falls out of her mouth, and it is at the tip of her lips, she reaches up with both hands and pushes it back in. She doesn't do it all the time, but when she does it I laugh and laugh. Smarty pants.

Zoey is out of newborn clothes! Heck, she doesn't fit most 0-3 month clothes either. We had to break out the 3-6 month old clothes yesterday. I can't believe how fast she's growing. It's going by too quickly! I just want to freeze time and enjoy each stage a little longer.

Last night was SO sad. Zoey had a ton of gas in her stomach, and was screaming crying...She was screaming so much I was afraid she'd pass out. Before I had her, baby cries (especially manic ones) were annoying to me...but now, when I hear her cry, it doesn't annoy me...I just want to help her. It makes me sad for her. Because she had gas, she wouldn't eat, and she was SO hungry. And because she was hungry and in pain, she wouldn't sleep either. What finally put her to sleep was singing Primary songs... since she was so hungry, she started "sleep sucking" so I jumped on the opportunity to feed her...when she woke up she was a MUCH happier girl.

1 comment:

Malaika Brown said...

We gave Beckett gripe water (natural remedy) when he was gassy and it worked well. We also found that if you rubbed up the left side of his back from waist to shoulder he'd burp or fart easier. :) Not sure if anything will help your situation but this is what worked for us.