Monday, January 9, 2012

Project 52

My friend Leslie made 52 goals for this new year, and I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon. Each of the goals I made are things that will help me become a better person. Do I think I'll do EVERY thing on the list? Maybe not. But it's better to at least try than have no goal at all. Right?

1. Make the bed every day for a month (0/30)
2. Read 12 books (0/12)
3. Get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (165)
4. Attend the temple 6 times (0/6)
5. Go on a family camping trip
6. Read scriptures with family every day for 3 months (0/90)
7. Attend a play
8. Complete at least one crafty project a month (0/12)
9. Organize one random area of the house each week (0/52)
10. Clean out the car at least 4 times. (0/4)
11. Go on 3 hikes (0/3)
12. Exercise 5 days a week for 3 consecutive months. (0/15)
13. Attend Body Boot Camp ON PURPOSE at least 4 times (0/4)
14. Make Dating/Wedding/Marriage Photo book
15. Try out at least 4 new recipes (0/4)
16. Eat at 2 new restaurants. (0/2)
17. Go on at least 1 date a month. (0/12)
18. Invite friends over for dinner 2 times (0/2)
19. Host a party
20. Volunteer somewhere
21. Floss every day for a month (0/30)
22. Journal at least twice a month (0/24)
23. Read the entire book of Mormon
24. Read the entire New Testament
25. Bear my testimony in Sacrament Meeting 2 times (1/2)
26. Sell 12 things on Etsy (0/12)
27. Visit 2 National Parks (0/2)
28. Take dinner to 3 families (0/3)
29. Take Zoey to at least one new place a week during the summer. (0/10)
30. Hit 2,000 followers on my Crafting Blog
31. Send Birthday Cards to all of my/Derek's siblings and parents for their Birthdays (0/11)
32. Get Visiting Teaching done 8 of the 12 months (0/8)
33. Take cookies to 3 friends (0/3)
34. Create a crochet pattern to sell on my Etsy site
35. Make an Organizational Binder
36. Bake Cinnamon Rolls for Derek
37. Go to the zoo twice (0/2)
38. Update Zoey's Baby Book
39. Finish my recipe board
40. Pump and freeze 30 bags of milk before returning to work (7/30)
41. Spend more time on the porch swing
42. Learn how to better use my camera
43. Go through my clothes and give away anything I don't currently wear/like
44. Send my brothers a care package
45. Judge less, love more.
46. Vote
47. Really do my church calling well
48. Give an anonymous gift to someone
49. Sew Zoey something she can wear
50. Be on time to church for an entire month (0/30)
51. Organize two girls night out (Uhhh Hunger Games? Yes please.) (0/2)
52. Donate $2 to a Relief Organization for every uncompleted goal on my list

So those are my goals. There are a lot of things...but I have 365 days....and I just finished my planner (One thing checked off already!) I just have to make a plan and work at it day by day. What are your goals for the New Year?

1 comment:

Leslie Elaine said...

Cool you're doing it too!! Good luck! If there is any way I can help you out, let me know!