| It may not seem like a lot, but it is when there aren't any plows...and when people don't know how to drive... |
Last night we trekked over to Target and Red Robin for some appetizers (mostly to get out of the house). It was surreal. On a street that is usually crazy busy, there wasn't a car in site. We walked in the middle of the road, because the snow was packed a better than the sidewalk. Target was open, but had only 5 or 10 cars in a parking lot that usually has well over 100 cars. We were the only group at Red Robin, other than a group of boys playing Monopoly in a booth. It was kind of cool to tell you the truth. Especially being outside; it was so peaceful.
| Making the trip to Target together. Thank goodness for the Moby Wrap! It kept her nice and warm. I love the look on her face... |
| Zoey, passed out in her snow suit :) |
| The first time she ever saw fire. She couldn't take her eyes off of it. |
| This is Zoey's favorite spot. If you put her next to you in this chair, she doesn't cry. She already has a cute personality... |
This week it's been fun to have Derek around...but not so fun to not be paid. Unfortunately, Derek has no Paid Time Off left after we went to Utah for Christmas.
Highlights of the week
- Zoey Rolled over!! Crazy!
- Derek got a hair cut and 2 new suits for Business School/ Interviews (I'm gonna have to take some pictures, because he is looking GOOD!
- We got a call from Penn State asking Derek to interview. I'm so happy for him!
- Derek and I may have the opportunity to work at the same summer site, which means, Zoey will always be with one of us because we can switch off.
Lowlight of the week
- I think Zoey is teething. I know it's early, but she is drooling like CRAZY and she has white bumps on her lower gums. Plus she has a lot fussier than usual. I just feel sad for her...and sad for my nursing self...
It's been a good week. I have enjoyed having Derek home, but I think both of us are ready for him to go back to work (I love him, but I love my routine too!!)
2 comments:
Cami, what part of Seattle are you living in? I grew up in Federal Way (back when it was a safe place and never on the news). Newly married I lived in Auburn. I love Seattle and am thrilled that's where you are right now! I just might have to be a little homesick tonight :)
-Megan Selthofer
wow...Derek's hair looks WAY WAY GOOD!!! Good good change!!
Post a Comment