How perfect her nose is, and how sweet it is that she yawns with her entire body when she first wakes up. How funny it was when she hit herself in the head with a rattle today because she was holding onto it and jerked her hand up...she was so surprised. How she smiles with her entire face when she sees her dad. How she loves to listen to him playing "Banana Pancakes" I don't want to forget even one second of it.
I've heard a lot of moms say life is so crazy that they forget to live in the moment. And sure, with a full time job and a full time calling, sometimes it is hard to live in the moment...but every day, there is are moments where I look down at Zoey, and I am so completely enamored with her I can't help BUT live in the moment.
Time also makes it seem like we've had Zoey forever. I've almost forgotten what it was like to be pregnant. It seems silly that she was the baby inside of me getting the hiccups every day. She was the one doing the kicking and squirming. How my stomach was ever that big... Sometimes I forget how new Zoey is to the world. The other day Derek and I were at the store and we took her down the escalator...and I realized it was the FIRST time she had ever ridden an escalator. The very first. I love to see her experience new things.
There is so much I don't want to forget about her right now. She has a bald spot. And a mullet. She loves listening to guitar (especially Jack Johnson) and watching the mobile above her crib. She loves the water and kicks and splashes it in it. She is mesmerized by Yo Gabba Gabba, and giggles when you move her arms or legs really fast.
Zoey eats like a champ, but she doesn't like to take a bottle. She eats her hands non stop, and will break free of her swaddle just to eat her fist. She likes to look at toys, but hasn't really gotten the hang of holding onto them. She ALWAYS wants to stand. She loves to be naked, and never fusses when getting her diaper changed. She likes to go outside, and we try to take a walk at least once a day. She loves lying on her back and swinging in her swing. She sleeps through the night, and takes long naps. She likes to play peekaboo and sticks out her tongue when you are making her do something hard. She can roll over, but doesn't do it very often. She loves to be talked to, read to, and listened to.
This month has been great and not so great. After being home with Zoey for 3 whole months, I had to go back to work 2 weeks ago. Although I was devastated to leave her, I knew I was leaving her with people who would love and take great care of her, which made it a little easier. My first day back, the kids had decorated the room, and even made me wear a crown. They were so excited to have me back, which made it a little easier. The last 2 weeks have been...well...crazy. There is the guilt of feeling like I'm not spending enough quality time with Zoey as I drag her from meetings to grocery shopping to everything in between. I am planning on finishing out the school year, but I will most likely be quitting come summer. I just can't justify leaving her for as long as I will need to...and it's a lot trickier because Derek and my schedules won't fit nicely together (especially since we only share one car).
Zoey seems to be loving life though. We took her to the Zoo and she smiled at all the animals. We've taken her to the mall, and she's discovered her love for Yo Gabba Gabba. She's such an amazing baby, and we feel lucky to be her parents.
Zoey seems to be loving life though. We took her to the Zoo and she smiled at all the animals. We've taken her to the mall, and she's discovered her love for Yo Gabba Gabba. She's such an amazing baby, and we feel lucky to be her parents.
1 comment:
Oh Cami, Cami, Cami! I love all of the pictures! Most especially the last one! So darn cute! What fun you and Zoey are having together! I am so happy for all of you! Thank you for continuing to share! She is beautiful! So is her mother!
Post a Comment