I can't believe how BEAUTIFUL it has been this past week! Blue skies, 80 degree weather, and beautiful sunshine. With grey skies nearly year round, I've come to appreciate the days we've been having. I don't want to waste a single second of it.
Our Fourth of July was epic this year. Awesome. The perfect Fourth of July. Which was great, seeing as it was Zoey's first Forth of July. While I don't think she'll remember (Unless she is a super genius... I'm holding out for that one...), with it being our last 4th of July in Washington, we wanted to make sure it was one for us to remember.We woke up for a pancake breakfast at our church building, which was delicious! Fresh fruit, pancakes, eggs, and sausage. Plus, the constant parade of "bikes" going round and round the church. Very cute and entertaining.
Let me just stop to say how much I love our ward. How much I love the people in our ward. We have made some amazing friends here. The last few weeks, I've been trying to spend time with our friends every chance we get.
We were able to spend some time swimming with friends... then swimming with MORE friends. Games, food, and relaxation. We ended the night in the best fashion - Derek and I threw down... well, more than I'd like to admit... for a grand fireworks display at the Card's house. It wasn't so much about the fireworks as it was watching Derek and Geoff light the fireworks. They were like kids.
A few weekends ago, we took Zoey over to Jetty Island. It's this perfect little man made island. It is shallow for hundreds of yards. The water literally stays at your ankles/knees the entire time - which is perfect for a baby, because it is just the right height AND temperature. Despite our attempts to get Zoey excited about the water (she was a little tired at that point...), she was more excited to eat all the sand. Being the amazing parents we are, we let her. It's not gonna kill her, right? She seemed like she enjoyed herself.
I can't believe how big Zoey is getting. She is learning new things all the time. In the last month, she's learned how to roll over, crawl, pull up on things, and even crawl onto things. She is a daredevil and is always wanting to try something new.
Here are some of my favorite things Zoey does
- She scrunches up her nose and sniffs in 3 or 4 times in a row. When I mimic her, she bursts out laughing
- She wants EVERY otter pop. If it comes out of the freezer and she sees it, she has a total meltdown. Maybe I shouldn't have given her a taste that one time... (Okay, maybe this isn't my favorite thing, but it's kinda cute.)
- She pulls up on her carseat and tries to crawl inside
- When we leave the room, she crawls after us...and if we leave to fast, she bawls until we come back and get her
- Zoey eats her toes like crazy. She always has them in her mouth.
- Zoey will eat anything. And I mean anything. If it's on the ground, it goes in her mouth. I constantly have to be on the guard for paperclips, staples, and paper (She is the queen of eating recipts
- She loves when I sing "I am a Child of God" to her. It puts her to sleep. Sometimes, it is the only thing that calms her down.
- She sleeps with a sound maker giraffe. Sometimes I come in at night, and she has her nose nestled in with the giraffe
- She loves the pool. She splashes her hands and legs, and does great underwater - she even tries to kick to the surface. She's going to be quite the tadpole
- Zoey makes all sorts of cute noises. Dadada, mamamama, bababababa, and all sorts of random noises. I love when Derek puts her on the phone, because I can hear how cute she is.
- Zoey tugs on her ears when she is nursing. I don't know why I think this is cute... but I do.
- She loves to be held and cuddled, and especially loves to be outside in her stroller. She does not like when you strap her in, however.
I can't believe how big she's getting. She has a mind of her own, and wants to do everything herself. I love it.
We are ALMOST out of our apartment. Tomorrow is our walk through (heaven help us... we still have so much to clean!) and Friday is our last day in Seattle! I am sad to go, but I am excited to move forward. Hopefully Zoey will love Virginia - possibly the first home she will remember and hopefully Derek loves his MBA program. Until the move, I have a lot of things to keep myself busy. I'll have to blog about it later!
And that is what has been going on the last few months. I'll have to add pictures later, when I can access my camera :)
We were able to spend some time swimming with friends... then swimming with MORE friends. Games, food, and relaxation. We ended the night in the best fashion - Derek and I threw down... well, more than I'd like to admit... for a grand fireworks display at the Card's house. It wasn't so much about the fireworks as it was watching Derek and Geoff light the fireworks. They were like kids.
A few weekends ago, we took Zoey over to Jetty Island. It's this perfect little man made island. It is shallow for hundreds of yards. The water literally stays at your ankles/knees the entire time - which is perfect for a baby, because it is just the right height AND temperature. Despite our attempts to get Zoey excited about the water (she was a little tired at that point...), she was more excited to eat all the sand. Being the amazing parents we are, we let her. It's not gonna kill her, right? She seemed like she enjoyed herself.
I can't believe how big Zoey is getting. She is learning new things all the time. In the last month, she's learned how to roll over, crawl, pull up on things, and even crawl onto things. She is a daredevil and is always wanting to try something new.
Here are some of my favorite things Zoey does
- She scrunches up her nose and sniffs in 3 or 4 times in a row. When I mimic her, she bursts out laughing
- She wants EVERY otter pop. If it comes out of the freezer and she sees it, she has a total meltdown. Maybe I shouldn't have given her a taste that one time... (Okay, maybe this isn't my favorite thing, but it's kinda cute.)
- She pulls up on her carseat and tries to crawl inside
- When we leave the room, she crawls after us...and if we leave to fast, she bawls until we come back and get her
- Zoey eats her toes like crazy. She always has them in her mouth.
- Zoey will eat anything. And I mean anything. If it's on the ground, it goes in her mouth. I constantly have to be on the guard for paperclips, staples, and paper (She is the queen of eating recipts
- She loves when I sing "I am a Child of God" to her. It puts her to sleep. Sometimes, it is the only thing that calms her down.
- She sleeps with a sound maker giraffe. Sometimes I come in at night, and she has her nose nestled in with the giraffe
- She loves the pool. She splashes her hands and legs, and does great underwater - she even tries to kick to the surface. She's going to be quite the tadpole
- Zoey makes all sorts of cute noises. Dadada, mamamama, bababababa, and all sorts of random noises. I love when Derek puts her on the phone, because I can hear how cute she is.
- Zoey tugs on her ears when she is nursing. I don't know why I think this is cute... but I do.
- She loves to be held and cuddled, and especially loves to be outside in her stroller. She does not like when you strap her in, however.
I can't believe how big she's getting. She has a mind of her own, and wants to do everything herself. I love it.
We are ALMOST out of our apartment. Tomorrow is our walk through (heaven help us... we still have so much to clean!) and Friday is our last day in Seattle! I am sad to go, but I am excited to move forward. Hopefully Zoey will love Virginia - possibly the first home she will remember and hopefully Derek loves his MBA program. Until the move, I have a lot of things to keep myself busy. I'll have to blog about it later!
And that is what has been going on the last few months. I'll have to add pictures later, when I can access my camera :)
No comments:
Post a Comment