Today Derek had a review session at school, so Zoey and I ventured to downtown Williamsburg. Zoey fell asleep in the car, so I gently pulled her out of her carseat (A seat that actually fits her now!!), and placed her in the stroller. She amazingly slept for a whole hour while I pushed her around.
We went to the farmer's market, and to the candy store (lets be honest, the only reason I go there is for the free samples), and the peanut shop (same reason as the candy store...). I almost bought something from the peanut shop out of guilt (This is not my first "sample" trip), but my wallet got the better of me, and we headed on to other things. Zoey and I stopped at Aromas for hot chocolate - she thought it was the most amazing drink of all time. By the time we were done, it covered her face and neck, and half her shirt. But it was so cute!!
I have two favorite stores here in Williamsburg - the Goodwill, and the Home Restore. Years ago, after I started working, I grew to shun the Goodwill. I mean, the clothes aren't amazing, and who wants to go through all that crap. Now that we are no longer working, the Goodwill has become my personal treasure chest. When I pass by, I want to go inside - see if there is anything we've been looking for. Same with the Home Restore. I know we don't need anything, but I sure do like to look. Today, we stopped by the Goodwill, and I was THIS close to buying a Sesame Street Kitchen for Zoey. It was 10 bucks. It was super cute. But I kept thinking "If we buy the kitchen, we will have to buy some fake food. If we buy some fake food, we will probably want a bin or cart to put them in. We also will probably want fake plates and pots and pans, etc" While we can afford the occasional $10 toy for Zoey, I don't want it to turn into a $40 impulse buy. See? I can differentiate between needs and wants.
I just got back from Michigan. It was good to be home. Zoey went sledding, and she loved it. She also loved my parents dog, and playing in the rolly chair. She is so funny. It was great to see her playing with her Uncle Eric or her Grandpa. My favorite part of the trip was playing board games with my brother and dad. I liked just spending time talking to them. I also really enjoyed sitting and chatting with my mom while we did crafts. I wish my family lived a little closer!
No comments:
Post a Comment