Monday, February 4, 2013

Stealing Cookies

Zoey has a knack for finding food. I mean, she is seriously amazing at it. This is a girl who will never starve - because if there is food, she'll find it. She'll take it. She'll eat it. Doesn't matter what kind of food, who it originally belonged to, or where she found it, she'll eat it.

Trashcan? Oh yeah
Floor? Easy access
Seat Cushions? Movie snack!
Cupboards? None are safe.

Example 1: On Saturday, we went to the mall to play in their kid zone. Zoey is running around like the crazy monkey she is, stopping to hug the random kid or "chat" with the random adult. There was a little boy sitting on the far side of the playground. I noticed his mom had just bought him some french fries. I glanced over, and realized Zoey noticed too. Before I could stop her, Zoey runs over to the boy, stops right in front of him, and grabs a french fry right from his bag. No hesitation. I ran over to stop her from putting it in her mouth (which to tell the truth, her eating a stranger's french fry didn't bother me one bit, but I didn't want to be judged as the parent who lets her child grift other kids food), and apologized to the family..."My daughter doesn't understand that all food isn't made for her"  I said quickly as I whisked her away.

Example 2: Zoey loves my parents dog. She loves hugging him, and kissing him, and playing with him. She also loves stealing his food and mixing it with his water so she can eat it. She smells like a dog half of the day, and after the 20th time, I just stopped stopping her. If it doesn't kill her she should be okay.

Example 3: Zoey has discovered every single "snack" cupboard in my parents house. The one by the table, the one by the sink, the one in the closet. There is no cupboard left safe in my parent's house. Today I found her with 2 cookies in her hands and another 2 shoved into her overflowing mouth. She just looked at me with this black crumb smile looking as innocent as can be.

I have never seen Zoey turn down a food. Some parents might say "lucky!!"... but what they don't realize is she is a vortex of food eating. The girl would eat all day if I let her. She is a force to be reckoned with if you take away her yogurt. So just don't take away her yogurt...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously cute! How much longer are you at your parents? I bet your mom is just loving having you two there!

Carol said...

Ah. The visual of her with the cookies made me laugh outloud. You are a good mom.