Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The last month of Pregnancy

I am currently in my last month of pregnancy. It feels a bit surreal, because this will (hopefully) be my LAST last month of pregnancy. I have approximately 4 weeks left of feeling a baby move inside of me. Four weeks of having to pee every other second of the day. Four weeks of people asking me "how much longer?". I haven't minded being pregnant this time around. For the most part, it has been downright enjoyable. The buffet of uncomfortable symptoms I had with my last pregnancy decided to give me a break this time around. And in 4 weeks, I'll be holding a sweet new baby girl.

Knowing that it is (hopefully) our last, I don't want to have any regrets with this pregnancy and birth . I had some amazing friends throw a gender reveal party, which I have always wanted. I have been reading all the books, learning everything I can. I have a team of people ready to help me through labor - Derek, my midwife, my doula, a doula-in-training, and my mother-in-law. I've chosen a hospital which will allow me to labor the way I want to.

I have to be honest, I really hope this baby is easy. Every part of me is hoping for it. Abbey is such a cute girl now, but as a baby she was HARD. She cried non-stop, and insisted on being held every moment of every day. I felt mentally exhausted, and it made it difficult to bond with her. I feel like the experience left me with a small scar on my heart of what "could have been." With this being our last baby, my heart needs an easy and calm child to bring closure and some healing to the "baby phase" of life. Go out with a bang. I want to soak up the moments, and experience the simple joys of having a new baby in our home.

Speaking of home, we bought a house! After looking at a grand total of 2 houses, we put in an offer on a home in Midlothian, VA at the end of January. They accepted our offer, and everything was smooth sailing from there. The home and neighborhood are perfect for our family. The house feels unique and quirky, which was part of the reason I loved it so much. We moved in on the day we closed, and I started painting quickly after. So far I have painted the front room, front door, hallway, bathroom, bathroom cabinets (thrice), family room (twice), laundry landing, stairwell, upstairs hallway, baby's room, toy room, guest bathroom, guest bathroom cabinets, stair railings, and the kitchen cabinets. I have removed wainscoting, patched walls, replaced hardware, added shelving, changed doorknobs, stripped doors, stripped railings, re-lined shelves and patched shiplap. Along with these projects, I have managed to help Derek fix up the yard, and decorate the downstairs (upstairs is another story). We have yet to do any MAJOR renovations, but once we save enough, I think our first project will be replacing the family room carpet with hardwood and then building a shelving unit that will act as a mud room area. I feel like having an approaching due date has pushed my urge to "nest" to an extreme level. Plus, we have various family staying with us until the fall, so I wanted to make sure the house looked how I want it to look before they all started getting here.

So that's what is going on with us! It's definitely going to be an exciting summer :)

No comments: