Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Skills

I've decided to learn Spanish. So far I know a total of....15 words. I amaze even myself. So the 15 words I've learned, combined with the 30 words I remember from 3 years of Spanish in Highschool, gives me a total of a 45 word conversation; a conversation consisting of eggs, horses, a boy and rice. I'm getting pretty deep.
Along with learning Spanish, I am brushing up on my cooking skills with my brand spankin' new slow cooker (which is really a year old wedding present that I've finally taken out of the box). I'm trying a BBQ pork with vegetables. It's an experiment in progress. Hopefully it's edible. If not, the ducks at the pond in our apartment complex are going to have a feast tonight!!
On the exciting front, Matt and Mel are driving down from California and staying at our apartment for a few days! I mean, they just moved there this past Sunday, but Matt has to come back for drill, and I convinced Mel to come as well. I was worried that them moving would be the end of our friendship, but I doubt that...AND with one friend moving away, another friend is moving close by! Jackie and Seth are searching out apartments in Sandy, which is only a few minutes away from us. It'll be just like highschool Biology...minus the fetal pig.

1 comment:

Michelle! said...

Cami!!! I can teach you Spanish. All you haf to do ees talk weeth a supar cool ahcent like thees wan. Ju ar de best! Lav ju!

Michelle