We finally got back from California after a grueling 12 hour drive! Fortunately for me (or unfortunately for Derek) I forgot my license in Utah, so I wasn't involved in the driving. It's probably a good thing too, because if it hadn't been for Derek's impeccable driving abilities, we may not have made it home in one piece...seriously, it was if people were intentionally trying to run us off the road. Perhaps it was the swastika in the window...ok, not really...seriously, we do not have a swastika in the window. What kind of people do you think we are??
So rather than create a long narrative about California which is so long, no one in their right mind (including me) would want to read it, here is what we did, in outline form (yes, I still remember how to do an outline)
I. Going to California
A. Thursday
1. Visiting Derek's Grandpa
a. Visited a wealthy guy who had all sorts of financial advice
b. We even got to pick lemons from a real lemon tree!!
B. Friday
1. Surfing at the Beach!
a. Derek and I took lessons together: I sucked, Derek rocked!
b. Parking in Red Zone = $65 ticket. Who woulda thought??
2. Batman Movie!!
a. Amazing
C. Saturday
1. Balboa Park
a. Gay Pride Day = no parking + lots of sequins
b. We went to the zoo instead
i. Pandas and seals and snakes oh my!!
D. Sunday
1. Church
2. Relax Relax Relax
E. Monday
1. Disney Land!!!!!!!!!!!
a. Favorite Rides
i. Pirates
ii. Jungle tour
iii. Space Mountain
b. Lunch
i. The restaurant inside of the Pirates ride
F. Tuesday
1. California Adventure/ Disney
a. Favorite Rides
i. California Screamin
ii. Tower of Terror
b. Favorite Shows
i. Bugs Life
ii. Turtle Talk with Crush
G. Wednesday
1. Bar-b-Q pit
2. Tide Pools
a. Couldn't find them
b. So we played at the beach instead!
H. Going Home
Overall, very fun trip...
No comments:
Post a Comment