Saturday, July 12, 2008

Wow, I really suck at this whole "keeping a blog thing". I guess I'll sum up the past year in a nutshell...a very nutty nutshell. Particulary a cashew...I'm not even sure if they come in shells.

1. When I said I would probably move into a broken down garage corner in my first blog entry, I had no idea how close to the truth I came... I'm talking no air conditioning, insulation, and fire burning space heater garage. Fun for the first month... unfortunatly there are 8 months in a contract

2. Cami is a BYU grad!! What has she won?? An all expenses paid trip to the real world of bills and job hunting!

3. Derek and Cami now are working at a charter school (after the luxurious catering job at BYU), and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

4. Cami is Pregnant!!...ok, that's a lie, BUT I have gained like 15 pounds in the last year...15 pounds of pure muscle and sexiness...minus the muscle and sexiness part.

5. We moved out of Provo and into Draper. Not only does our apartment come with a washer and long term dryer (that means clothes have to stay in the dryer for at least 5 cycles before they dry), but we also have a dish washer, allowing us to say "GOODBYE" to the moldy drying rack that sat on our counter for far too long. And all this happiness was bought with a mere $800/month.

6. Derek and Cami are enjoying a summer off!! No more Zion for us baby!!

7. Have you ever wondered how they decide callings in church? Well, I have no doubt why Derek and I were called to be Sunbeams teachers...When you have more fun playing with blocks than children do, you have a problem

8. Last but not least, Derek and I celebrated our ONE flippin year anniversary!! A day full of love, expressed by moving boxes into our new appartment. Who knew heavy labor could instill such a sense of togetherness and passion

Only one question remains in my mind...how am I going to get this blog out to the masses??? Until tomorrow, this is Cami Struiksma, signing out

No comments: