25. Derek smiles with his whole face, and it doesn't take much to make him smile
24. He always looks for ways to surprise me, whether it be a treat from the grocery store, or cleaning the house before I come home from work
23. Derek loves cereal. He loves cereal more than anything. Whenever I want to make Derek happy, all I have to do is pour him a bowl of cereal
22. Derek is incredibally persistant. He will keep at something until he gets it....even if it seems impossible, he will continue to work on it
21. Derek is hilarious. He always is doing things to make me laugh from his silly dances to his goofy voices. I love how funny Derek is every day
20. Derek is so helpful. He is always willing to unload groceries, wash the dishes, do laundry, or pick up the house. I never even have to ask him to help me. He just does.
19. Derek is advernturous. He is always trying new things. When he started snowboarding, he jumped right into the sport. Before he even started or knew what he was doing, he bought a season pass, and all of his gear. By the end of the season, he was riding double black diamonds.
18. Derek is naturally musical. Not only did Derek teach himself how to play the piano and guitar, but he is always writing music and words to songs. He is extremely talented
17. Derek is so gentle to me. He is always rubbing my feet, kissing my forehead, and cuddling me at night. And even though I have migranes every night, Derek rubs my back until they go away. Every night.
16. Derek puts others before himself. When we were at Ponderosa, and I was living on the 3rd floor of the barn, he would wake up EVERY night at 2 am and walk me down to the bathroom, even when he was so tired he could barely walk straight
15. Derek loves his family. He would do anything for his sisters and brothers, and he loves spending time with his mom and dad. I can tell that he is going to make an amazing father
14. Derek is so smart. He always knows the answers to my questions, and he remembers everything I say. Plus, he ALWAYS remembers where I put my keys.
13. Derek is patient. When I bug him in the morning, and jump on him, and do annoying things, he just laughs, and even though he tries to be mad, he can't stop smiling. He never gets mad when I leave clothes on the ground or bug him on purpose
12. Derek is honest. He always tells me the truth. Even when he tries to trick me, he breaks down and tells me the truth.
11. Derek lets me have the last bite of ice cream. My favorite ice cream is Mango sorbet from HaggenDas, and even though Derek loves it just as much as I do, he always gives me the last spoonful.
10. Derek watches girly movies with me, even when he thinks the movie is stupid. Example? Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. He sat with me the whole time, and hardly complained.
9. Derek is a great teacher. He taught me to snowboard, and how to shoot shotguns. He is great with kids at school!
8. Derek is so much fun to be with. Whether it is a 26 hour road trip, or a trip to the grocery store, Derek makes things fun with games, and jokes, and competitions.
7. Derek lets me by myself. He lets me be weird and silly and immature. And he loves me even more for it.
6. Derek is a gentleman. He opens doors, and waits for me to eat. He really wanted to watch this movie today, but he didn't so he could watch it with me tomorrow.
5. Derek is easy to talk to. He genuinely listens to everything I have to say, and he takes my opinion seriously.
4. Derek believes in me. He believes in my dreams, and encourages me to reach for for them. He encourages me when I feel down on myself, and he always looks for the good in me.
3. Derek is so handsome. I still think he is the most handsome man I have ever met.
2. Derek is my best friend. He makes me so giddy, and there is no one I would rather spend the rest of my life with. Everything is better when he is around, and I know I could tell him anything.
1. Derek loves God, and honors his priesthood. He served a mission, and married me in the temple. It is wonderful to know that we can be together for all eternity.
Happy Birthday Derek. You are my best friend, the love of my life, and my family. I can't believe how lucky I am to be your wife. Thanks for being so amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment