Thursday, June 16, 2011

Woah Baby!!

It's been a long time since I last posted, because I've been busy making something tiny and cute with kissable toes and a sweet little smile. We couldn't be more excited. Derek spends most of his spare time patting and kissing my stomach and telling the baby about the world. Today when I asked him why he kept touching my stomach at the grocery store, he told me "You have no idea how badly I just want to hug that little baby..." I can't wait to see the dad he becomes.

My stomach is starting to grow...It's weird to have pants that fit 2 weeks ago feel tight. I don't need to get a maternity band just yet, but I can feel it coming...

We just had our BIG ultrasound last Wednesday. They usually do them at 20 weeks, but I am terrible at waiting, so I asked if we could do it at 18 weeks. Because our Doctor's office is AMAZING, they made it happen! Well...after much anticipation, we found out 
We're having a GIRL!!
 She is due November 8th, and we can't wait to meet her. I can't wait to kiss her cute little cheeks and hold her close to me. I can't wait to be her mom, and I just hope I can be the mom she needs me to be. All I know is that I love her already, and I can't stop thinking about her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cami,

You will both be amazing parents, I can tell. It is so exciting waiting for that day to come! Congrats again and give your hubby a kiss from me!

Heather Thorup said...

I'm so excited you guys are having a baby girl! Any names yet? I see you have already made some blankets and a carseat cover. You will be the most crafty mom ever!!