Saturday, June 25, 2011

First Week of Summer Camp

Summer camp started this week....
It's gonna be a beast.

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY enjoy bringing out my camp self...singing songs, being silly, giving out weird awards, and making summer camp awesome

What I DON'T enjoy is being the one responsible for the medical and physical needs of 60 kids. We have a LOT of medical needs at our camp. I am always nervous that I'm going to do something wrong, or I'm going to forget something. Yesterday we had a semi-emergency at our camp, and I had to use all the medical information that I had learned the previous day to help our camper. Thank goodness I had the foresight to learn about the camper's condition, and how to properly measure and dose their medication before there was a problem.

Also, I'm not really digging bathroom runs at this point. I have 3 kiddos with...bathroom problems. Needless to say FOUR of the bathroom runs I took yesterday lasted about 40 minutes. I keep knocking on the door saying "You alright in there?" "Yeah" "Almost done?" "Not sure". Gahhhhhh!! It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to take and entertain at least 2 other kids outside the bathroom door...or if the office staff didn't mind the kids being talkative when sitting for 40 minutes. I think I need to have a chat with some parents about increasing fiber in diets...

Okay, okay, I'm just being a whiner. Overall, things have been GREAT. Camp has been running smoothly, the kids are having fun, and my staff is rocking it! I feel more myself in a camp setting, and you just can't beat the sunshine. I am super excited for the rest of the summer, and I can't wait to see how everything goes... I have a feeling it's going to be epic.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

You're so great at your job. It sounds tough. Summer camps are your thing though. Good luck!