Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Just the two of us...

I feel like I am trying to get in every last "husband-wife" minute before the baby comes...when it goes...well... out the window. 

Derek and I bummed around town last weekend
Friday, we spent the afternoon at the Bothell Farmer's Market. 
He bought me fresh flowers and locally grown cherries. 
I couldn't resist stopping at every booth, talking to everyone about what they brought, and how they chose materials, how they got started doing what they love. My inner crafter could relate. 
Derek walked with me. Never rushed me. Tried to point out things he thought I would like. It's no wonder I like him so much. 

Later that night, we booked tickets to see Super 8. You see, in my mind, I thought Super 8 was going to be a comedy about eight kids who turned into superheros.
 About 30 minutes into the movie, I leaned over to ask Derek when they were going to become Superheros. Apparently NEVER, because the movie was actually about a mysterious creature that is destroying a town and killing people. Now that's what I call a feel good movie. 

Saturday we went hiking and bird watching over in Merrymoor park. We walked along the trails talking and holding hands. We didn't see many birds...my laughing may not have helped. It was one of the first days that felt like "Summer" to me. 

That night we went out to dinner at Thai Ginger and shopped around the stores in the area.
We stopped by a See's and I got a bag purely full of caramels. 
They didn't even make it to the car. 
Oh how I love their caramels. I could eat a grocery bag full and still want more. 
Derek helped me pick out some maternity clothes at Ross where THIS happened. Came home with a few shirts and a few pants....I think I'm finally needing them. Here's me at 23 weeks...


This weekend reminded me what a great husband I have, and how lucky I am to have him as the father to my children. He is patient and loving, and can make me laugh like no one else. 
I'm a lucky woman. 

No comments: