Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sleeping and Pregnancy

The strangest thing started happening this week. 
Sleep has suddenly become unbearably uncomfortable. 

I wake up at least 10 times a night feeling like I just slept on a bowling ball
(Pea under my mattress maybe?)

I change positions, and awkwardly fall back to sleep. 
Only to wake up 20 minutes later, and have to re-adjust. 

I use pillows. I apply icy hot. I try to crack my back. I massage it. 
But nope. The pain goes on.

I woke up at 6:30 this morning, not because I wasn't tired...but because lying in bed was too painful
I don't usually complain about crap like this, but honestly....is this normal?

4 comments:

Sheri E. said...

I've been having some uncomfortable sleep too. I've ALWAYS slept on my side, but for some reason, sleeping on my side while pregnant makes my hips and back really sore. But there aren't any other available sleeping positions! I guess it's normal.

Jackie said...

Is it a cramp you're experiencing, or the baby? It's natural to never get comfortable once the baby gets bigger. Some women opt to sleep in a reclining chair or in a more vertical position.

Leslie Elaine said...

Yep. Its normal. Sorry friend. You just have to make the most of it. I put a pillow between my legs and under my side. Since being pregnant, you can't sleep on your belly and many don't suggest sleeping on your back, saying it'll cut off the baby's oxygen...plus my 2 pillows under my head. You could try sleeping with a body pillow, that is supposed to help but I never got one.

Heather Thorup said...

I experienced this in the last month or so, but not really before then. As I got more heart burn I got more uncomfortable, and the bigger I got it got worse. It seems a little eary for you to be having it, but it's probably normal. Just double check with your doc.