Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Getting used to Williamsburg

Derek and I started a babysitter swap with a couple in our ward/neighborhood. It is SO nice to get out of the house and actually go on a date! I love having a mini tag-a-long, but sometimes it's nice to not worry about getting a stroller up and down stairs, or changing diapers, or dealing with a mrs. fussybutt... especially on a date.

We walked around downtown Williamsburg, got a bite to eat, and just talked. I really took dates for granted B.Z (before Zoey). Now even a simple date is so nice. Getting dressed up. Talking. Not worrying about a baby. Unfortunately Zoey is in a "separation anxiety" stage, so our date was a short one. But still great.

Derek is still LOVING his program. He is doing so well, and he just seems like a natural. Right now, he is trying to figure out what he wants to do for an internship. He has been thinking a lot about what really makes him happy. The advice he's been getting over and over is "Go into something you enjoy". Derek enjoys electronic entertainment and technology. It seems like he is is starting to pursue a lot of technology/entertainment companies - Microsoft, UB soft, EA, Zinga, Dice, Disney interactive etc. I know he would do an amazing job no matter where he is - I just hope that he is able to get an internship that'll lead to a great job.

And Zoey - She is up to 16 steps!! Mostly it's 3 or 4... but sometimes she gets on a roll. She is quite fearless. She face plants every few minutes, gets right back up, and tries again. When she gets excited, she claps for herself, waves her arms in the air like a bird, and falls on her butt. She is so stinking cute. She is constantly trying to run, and gets into EVERYTHING. She is so proud of herself when she climbs the stairs, but will usually wait at the bottom until we are watching (I think she enjoys the audience). I love how full of life she is. She loves to be outside, and in the water - The beach is her favorite.

That's pretty much what we've been up to!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am excited for you and your new adventure!