I had a migraine today. Again. Can I just say that migraines are the worst? I feel like I get them all. the. time. This is my 4th one since we got to Virginia. It's hard to play mom when my head feels ready to explode. It's not just the head though - I get so fatigued. I have no patience, and I feel like I can't think.
But despite my head, I felt a profound gratitude to God throughout the day. A day where I didn't feel forgotten, because I knew he was watching out for me.
Last night as I felt my migraine coming on, I said a prayer that Zoey would sleep through the night, so I could get the rest I needed. She slept through the night for the first time in who knows how long. When she did wake up at 6am, I said another prayer that she'd go back to sleep until 8:30 (which she NEVER does) so I could just get a little more sleep to help me make it through the day. She slept until 8:30 on the dot.
I prayed that she'd be able to entertain herself today. She happily played with toys, and roamed around the family room. All day long. I found her giggling and shaking her rattles. I watched her practice her walking, and not getting frustrated. She took amazingly long naps and was just so happy and sweet. She even cuddled with me (which she NEVER does) for well over an hour. Just watching tv. It was one of those days where I just felt so blessed to be a mother.
Derek came home, and told me to get some sleep. On the way up, I prayed that I'd be able to find the icy hot (which is the only thing that really kicks my migraines) because it had been missing all day long, and I found it almost immediately. Finally, before falling asleep, I prayed that my headache would go away. When I woke up, it was gone - not to mention the fact that Derek had cleaned and organized the house while I was asleep.
I know it seems like a pretty lame day. One where my biggest accomplishment was getting dressed (which didn't happen until 2 in the afternoon...) and making sure Zoey got food to eat (a hotdog, grapes and shredded cheese), but it felt like a lot more than that. It felt like a day where God heard my prayers. Where my husband was looking out for me. Where Zoey showed me how amazing of a baby she is. And when I realized how lucky I am to have such a great family, and amazing Father in Heaven to listens to my prayers. Even the small ones.
1 comment:
Yes, Heavenly Father heard and answered your prayers! Such a blessing! When we reaffirm what we already know, we bear witness of our Heavenly Father! Thank you for bearing witness of Him!
Post a Comment