Monday, March 8, 2010

Ahhh!

I have to go to the principal's office tomorrow for "the talk". (...palms, would you stop sweating?? Please??). Really, I'm being dramatic. She heard I was dissatisfied with the year, and she wants to know what things I think need to be changed. I really do appreciate that she is asking for my opinion on the matter. I just need to man up, and be honest with her. ::sighs:: I am such a chicken... a fluffy, feathery chicken.

I would like to share an essay one of my students wrote today. Let me prerequisite it by saying, that this particular student is the joy and frustration to my day. This was the first piece of writing she's written in over a month, and it was accomplished through throwing a ball back and forth as we raced to find information on Orangutans. She is only in my classroom for about 1/3 of the school day, but the times she is here is always a surprise (sometimes a good one, sometimes a challenging one) The essay turned out...well, you'll see :)

Why I should Babysit an Orangutan

I would like to babysit an orangutan because, I could give it a bath, I could take him on a walk and I could teach him things

I would like to babysit an orangutan because I could give it a bath. I could get some tape or anything, and make sure it stays in the bath. I would hold it still so tight, that I would teach it to take a bath. If I ask it to take a bath, it would say yes in a monkey voice.

I could take him on a walk. I would get a stroller, and I would put the monkey in and strap it, so it wouldn’t run away. Another thing I could do is put my hand out, and let the monkey grab my hand and put the monkey on my back. I could teach him how to walk.

I could teach him things. I could teach him how to swing on vines. I could gather up food for him. I could gather up monkey food, like bananas and nuts and ants. I would teach him how to make shelter, like at Hogle zoo how they have the monkey cage; I would teach him how to do that. Then only I could live with him in his cage at the zoo, and Mrs. Cami.

So those are the reasons I think I could babysit an orangutan. Because I could give it a bath, I would take him on a walk, and I could teach him things. Happy monkey day to Everyone!!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

When I babysit kids, I usually 'gather up' crap for them too.

Are you sure the taping in the tub to learn how to bathe wasn't your idea...?? :)

Essay sounds great. Way to go teacher.

Linze Kate said...

IS this by who I think it is by? I certainly miss her! Let her know that from me. :)
*muah*