Monday, November 28, 2011

Four Weeks

Zoey is 4 weeks old today. Four weeks. That's insane. I feel like the time has flown by, faster than I can even imagine. I went to put Zoey in some footie pajamas that she wore last week...I couldn't even snap them up. It was a little bitter-sweet, because it was proof that she's no longer the tiny newborn she was 4 weeks ago. Before Zoey was born, I was excited for her to grow up...I couldn't wait until she could walk and talk and play games. But now that she's here, I just want to stop time for a while, and enjoy her at this stage a little while longer. I just don't want to forget this.

* Zoey loves to swaddled sometimes...other times, you'd think you were torturing her... It depends on her level of consciousness and happiness
* Zoey hasn't discovered her hands yet, but she has discovered that she likes to suck on her fingers (Her Grandma taught her that one...). She likes to suck on 2 or 3 fingers at once.
* She loves the colors of Football on the tv. Don't ask me why. Derek is excited to have a little football watching buddy.
*Zoey sleeps with her mouth open, and loves to be on her tummy. She sleeps pretty much ALL the time. She'll cuddle up next to my chest, but only when she's asleep....otherwise, she tries to push herself away.
*Her muscles are all getting stronger! She can support her own weight on her legs for a few seconds, and has no problem lifting her head off the ground. If she doesn't like something, she'll push it away.
* Zoey loves her specific pacifier, and will reject all other pacifiers. I'm tellin ya, she's a loyal girl.
* When hungry, Zoey will try to latch onto anything in sight...this has included elbows, chins, noses...really anything. She is very determined, and will keep trying until she finds food.
* Zoey HATES getting her fingernails cut. I have to do it while she's sleeping, or she screams worse than when she got her shots. Hopefully she doesn't remember our first attempt at cutting her fingernails...I felt like the worse mom in the world when I cut her actual finger...
* Zoey JUST started cooing and making fun noises. Derek and I are always cracking up about the sounds that come out of her mouth.
* When Zoey cries, she never cries tears... She looks perfectly normal, and then she'll scrunch her face, and let out a single wail; then she'll wait to see if your respond. If you don't, she'll do it again. And again. And again. Sometimes it's so cute, I can't help but laugh.
* Whenever she's crying, the BEST way to calm her down is to pat her back. She calms down instantly.  She also loves to lie across your shoulder. Instead of resting her head there, she likes when her stomach is rested there; especially when she has tummy gas.
*Zoey gets hiccups ALL THE TIME. She used to not mind them, but now she gets frustrated, and will fuss until they are gone.

We love this little baby more than I thought possible. I could hug and kiss her all day long. I know this stage will pass by all too quickly, so I want to soak in every little bit while I still can.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can’t wait to meet her. Make sure to tell me if you come in town!