Thursday, November 3, 2011

First Days with Zoey

Zoey has been in our lives for exactly 3 days, 
and I feel as if life couldn't get any better.
I love to watch her sleep in my arms, and to kiss her soft cheeks. 
My heart fills to the brim when I see Derek watch Zoey in awe 
as she cuddles up next to his chest. 
I love everything about her. Her squeeks. Her sweet lips. The way she curls her legs and arms under her when she cuddles on your chest. 
Three days isn't a lot of time. But in that time, I have found more love in my heart for this tiny girl than I could possibly imagine. 
I want to protect her. Love her. Be the best mother for her. 
She is my daughter. I am her mother. 
We're a family.
and it was well worth the wait.
Welcome to the World Zoey Capri Struiksma. 
We can't wait to show you all the amazing things here.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect family, congratulations!!! She is beautiful and perfect! Capri, I didn’t know her middle name. I love it!

Malaika Brown said...

...aaaaannnnd I just started to cry! Great pictures and beautiful post Cami! Can't wait to come visit!

The Nicholsons said...

Cami, she is so adorable! I am so happy for you guys and I am glad she is here. Pregnancy is fun, but being mom is so much more fun. I hope you are recovering well, and that Zoey is letting you sleep a little bit at night. Welcome to motherhood!

Steve and Brooke said...

she is so so so cute!!! im happy everything went well!!! soak up every minute!

Leslie Elaine said...

Such a sweet post. She is so beautiful! Can't wait to meet her.

Remember how you asked me if you'd get bored? It hardly ever happens, I'm always in awe of Liam's growth and development.

It's been 3 days but it goes by too fast!!